samedi 26 décembre 2015

Copyright Law: Website Rights

l was hired to build a website, but the contract did not give any ownership to the company. I created the entire thing, paid artists and other people to help with the design and concept, and was paid peanuts to do it. I am an independent contractor - not an employee of this company. They committed fraud in my contract, I hired an attorney to write them a letter threatening to sue if they did not make a new legitimate contract and pay me the correct salary, and instead of trying to compromise, they fired me out of retaliation. They are so stupid, they fired me without any clue as to how to handle the website or anything about it and emailed me a restraining order with my letter of termination - which is not valid as restraining orders must be PERSONALLY SERVED - not emailed or mailed. The restraining order was to prevent me from shutting down the website - which my attorney said was within my rights because it was my creation and they had no right of ownership. So I shut it down. If I had left it up, they couldn't have used it because it is registered on my account, no one can access it, etc. What were they thinking? That if they fired me the lawsuit for fraud and misrepresentation would just go away? I can't keep paying an attorney to write letters. I'm suing them for the fraud and misrepresentation, and now the wrongful termination along with a few other things, myself. I was a paralegal, I'm a public speaker, my attorney gave me some direction as well as the courts and I have enough evidence to fill a trunk. The fraudulent contracts and responses to my emails about the fraud verifying that the contracts were fraudulent, emails from them not cooperating with me so I could do my work, nasty emails from them bossing me around, evidence that they hired me as an independent contractor but treated me as an employee to avoid having to deal with the tax issues, abuse of my rights as a disabled person. You name it - they violated it. They even threatened me in my letter of dismissal -threatening to make it difficult for me to get another job. How would they do that? Who knows - but threatening it is pretty bad. So I was wondering if anyone else had dealt with this issue - creating a website or something similar and not giving the company that hired you ownership rights to the website. What did you do when the contract was up and they didn't renew the contract, if they fired you, etc. I'm a little concerned that because I knew the restraining order was out there I could get in trouble but my attorney said no. It's not valid if it's not served properly and I was within my rights - AS THEY HAD BEEN WARNED THAT WOULD BE A CONSEQUENCE OF WRONGFUL TERMINATION - to shut it down. I'm a Veteran with PTSD so conflict makes me anxious as hell but I know I'm in the right here. They lied on my contract, misrepresented the job, misrepresented the pay, misrepresented everything. Then acted like I owed THEM something while I worked for them for 1/2 of the previous person and 1/4 of what I should have been paid for all the hours I put in. Thanks for your input. :confused:


Copyright Law: Website Rights

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire