mercredi 30 décembre 2015

Custody and Visitation Issues: Can You Restrict Visitation if There's No Custody Order

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: NY

I am a single mother of a four year old. I have primary, legal, sole custody. There is no visitation order in place. My child's father denied her for years. He was incarcerated for credit card fraud. He also has a past criminal history. Served 9 months in jail, admitted in writing to being bipolar/manic depressive and not complying to medication regimen. Also admitted to having himself committed to a mental institution after he was discharged, all in writing. He recently finished anger management and gamblers anonymous programs. He's in arrears regarding child support and owes over $20,000. He only made two payments of $75.00 after trying to modify the order and the judge threatened to throw him in jail. Since then he hasn't made a payment. After being discharged from jail he made attempts to see our daughter but it was only to get me to take the child support off. He would have his girlfriend (lawyer) call me and mask the conversation as if it were about our children getting together but really was about agreeing to drop the child support. She has threatened me about hurting my child over the phone. They are very high conflict and are always trying to start fights to make me look like the antagonist. He in the past has tried to make dates to visit but never kept the dates. He was never satisfied with the times or dates that I gave him. When I asked him to chose he just never responded. His probation ends April 2016. It's been over a year since he's visited her, she has no idea who he is. I do send texts and emails updating him about her but he doesn't respond all the time. Any date given he states that "it doesn't work for him." And that he would prefer I travel 40 minutes away from my home so that she may visit him. I welcome him to visit her but he declines and says Im controlling and bitter. When he doesn't get his way he says I'm trying to keep our child away from him. I just want to know what his rights are and what my chances are with getting supervised visitation.

****When we met he didn't present to be such a monster. It's not until I got pregnant his true colors started to show. I try to be amicable but it seems their actions are all based on alterior motive. *****


Custody and Visitation Issues: Can You Restrict Visitation if There's No Custody Order

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire