jeudi 27 octobre 2016

Speeding Tickets: Speeding Ticket, Paced at 70 in a 45 MPH Zone

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Florida, Seminole County

The incident occurred at 9:00pm on a dimly lit road with moderate traffic, two lanes in each direction divided by a median with my wife and 11 year old daughter in the car.

Most of the traffic was was doing about 5 or 10mph under the posted speed of 45mph because we were all progressing away from a traffic signal that just changed. The cars separated enough to be passed, so I passed the first, then the second which put me at the head of the pack where I like to be. I can't stand driving in clumps. They scare the crap out of me. Within about a quarter mile from the traffic signal I noticed an SUV speeding up behind me in my rear view and got right on my bumper. At this time I was barely above 50, maybe 51. He threw on his lights and we pulled onto a side street.

I rolled down the window, turned on the dome light and placed my hands on the wheel. The officer asked for my license, registration, and insurance. I naturally complied when the officer asked "why are you driving like an a-hole?"

Shocked, I simply said "what do you mean?"

He shrugged off the question. He was a younger officer, so perhaps this was his first day on the job. He then asked if I knew why he pulled me over, I said no, and he asked me to stay in the car and returned to his SUV.

He came back a few minutes later and said he is citing me for driving 70 in a 45 and handed me the ticket.

Now the problems with this citation that I would like clarification:
  • He was not behind me long enough to pace my speed and did not have radar on. I would have known as I have a high end radar detector.
  • The location he wrote on the ticket was not correct and the two streets do not intersect at all and are also nowhere near each other.
  • He used profanity in the presence of my adolescent daughter, of which I had to explain that most officers do not behave like this man, and he was probably just new.


Are any of these conditions suitable to fight the ticket in court representing myself?
If I take this to court, what recommended cross examination questions should I ask?


Speeding Tickets: Speeding Ticket, Paced at 70 in a 45 MPH Zone

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire