samedi 22 octobre 2016

Medical Malpractice: Husband Discharged from Er with Very High Blood Pressure

My question involves malpractice in the state of: Oklahoma

I took my husband to the ER for a severe headache that had lasted over two days. They put the blood pressure cuff on him, and was starting to place an IV, when he ripped the cuff off to get to the trash can to throw up.

The nurse then finished the IV, and he was given pain meds, muscle relaxer, and something for a migraine.

The pain got worse after he was given the meds.

I looked at the monitor and the only reading that was taken read 189/129.

They did a CT scan on him, and said it was normal. Then he was given discharge instructions and we were told to come back if the pain got worse.

At that point I inquired about his high blood pressure, and was told by the Doctor, "HONEY, your blood pressure would be high too, if you felt as bad as he does right now".

I took my husband home, got him in bed, and expected him to go to sleep & wake up feeling better.

That did not happen. He only got worse, and started to hallucinate. I called 911 and the paramedics were shocked at his blood pressure. 186/121 at that point.

They were in transit when my husband started seizing. He seized 4 times before the ER Doctor (different hospital) put him in a medically induced coma, intubated him, and sent him to ICU.

Another CT was done and that CT showed significant swelling in the brain.

He was in a coma for 10 days, in the hospital for 18 days, and is on day 8 of being in an inpatient rehabilitation facility, learning to eat, walk, and talk.

He was diagnosed with PRES SYNDROME.

Is this a valid malpractice lawsuit against the first ER I took him to?

Should he have been released with that high of blood pressure?


Medical Malpractice: Husband Discharged from Er with Very High Blood Pressure

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire