vendredi 21 octobre 2016

Hearings and Trials: Tbwd: Timing Question About Court's Notice of Decision (Tr-215)

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California (LA County)

Apologies if this had been answered, I hadn't see this in other threads. I submitted my TR-205 at the courthouse on 10/11/16 (my due date; the court clerk gave me a copy of the confirmation page showing timely submittal) and, to my surprise, I received my Notice of Decision from the Court (Guilty) today; Court's decision entered 10/14/16 with a 10/18/16 Certificate of Mailing on the back.

It took the court less than 3 days to review my case and issue a ruling, am I off-base in thinking that this seems rather quick? If my understanding is correct that the officer is not prompted to submit their declaration (TR-210) until after the court receives the TR-205 from the defendant (since the officer needs to know what the defendant is claiming), then can a judge make a ruling without a TR-210 from the officer? My two educated guesses what could have happened are:

The officer was notified of my TWBD after my arraignment in September and had already submitted their TR-210 by the time the court received my TR-205

OR

I made a mistake by submitting a copy of my citation with my TR-205 as supporting evidence (to highlight inconsistencies written by the officer). Perhaps my doing so rendered the judge's need receive a TR-210 from the officer unnecessary?
___________

All told, I don't have much recourse at this point besides requesting a TDN within 20 days, I just thought it was odd given that most other posters seem to have gotten their rulings several weeks or months down the road and would appreciate the input of more knowledgable experts.


Hearings and Trials: Tbwd: Timing Question About Court's Notice of Decision (Tr-215)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire