mardi 25 octobre 2016

Custody and Visitation Issues: Agreement to Change to Visitation Schedule

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA

Our visitation orders specify that we alternate between the first and second half of the Christmas break. This year, I have the first half.

Recently I got an opportunity to take an out of state trip for Christmas for relatively cheap, but I don't choose the schedule and it's right in the middle of the break. Basically, to keep the visitation even, I need to start the visit a few days later and return the kids a few days later. So, I ask my Ex if she would be okay with me taking the kids and adjusting the visitation schedule accordingly. I asked and she agreed to the change in writing (via text).

My only concern is that she changes her mind last minute. I am booking flights, hotels, etc... and would hate to have to cancel the trip. If she changes her mind, and I take the trip anyway, would that be contempt or would the written agreement avoid that? If I was unable to take the trip because she changed her mind, could I hold her financially responsible (small claims maybe?)?


Custody and Visitation Issues: Agreement to Change to Visitation Schedule

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire