dimanche 23 octobre 2016

Custody and Visitation Issues: Visitation with Father Soon

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Alabama

Good afternoon. I am in the process of obtaining a lawyer soon, but I have a few questions before I do.

Father just now started back seeing daughter 3 visits ago. Our child support order was established in October 2014 and visitation in March 2015. He had supervised visits for the first 2 months and after that, it was unsupervised from Friday 6pm-Sunday 6pm. I did not hear from him from August-December due to him running from the police for a dui and temporarily moving to Wisconsin. In April, he filed a show cause saying I was violating the order of visitation and I also filed one due to child support. The judge did not find me in violation due to father stating I refused to bring daughter to him, and the judge telling him that it was not my responsibility to provide transportation. Father was order to pay a purge of 1k within 30 days, but that never happened, so he now has an active bench warrant.

Father has been violating the order due to getting an apartment with his girlfriend after the court order was established. Also girlfriend lost custody of her kids when her youngest was only a newborn. Girlfriend's mother has custody and gf is on child support (found out through researching the Florida court system online). I dont know why she lost custody though, which worried me.

Well gf is now ex girlfriend. She sent me a picture through facebook of her black eye that father gave her. She told me a lot of things that have me worried about my daughter for her next visit. Father hasnt had a job since early 2015 and girlfriend was pretty much taking care of him and daughter for the 3 visits that he has had so far. Gf told me she had to buy food when daughter was there because father did not have any money. They also did not have any furniture in the house (only a couch that my daugher sleeps on and a table). She is on SSI and that was the only income they had to live off of, but now, she has moved out and he doesn't have a job to pay the rent. She advised me that he drinks on a daily basis and has beaten her over the past two years. I believe her because he hit me when I was 6 months pregnant. She said he is a good father to daughter (which I believe), but he has a serious drinking problem (which I know from the past and the dui where his BAC was double the limit).

I dont communicate with father at all due to our history, but I'm really concerned about when my daughter goes to stay with him next weekend due to him refusing to work and not having any income. I dont know what daughter is going to eat or stay since gf was doing everything. Yes, I will still follow the order, but is there any type of emergency hearing that my lawyer could possibly file if father doesn't have any where to stay. Gf did tell me that he asked a friend if he could stay with him and his girlfriend, but of course, it doesn't say anywhere in the order that father can't stay with a male.

Please guide me because I dont know what to do. She sent me a screenshot this morning of an email father sent her. He lied and said my daughter was hurt and in the hospital in another city, which was a lie. Gf said he only said that so he could get her to come with him. I will be getting the lawyer within the next two weeks, but I would like to have some sort of talking points before going to see him. Thanks in advance.


Custody and Visitation Issues: Visitation with Father Soon

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire