mercredi 26 octobre 2016

Passing a School Bus: How I Beat a School Bus Violation Ticket in Gwinnett County Georgia - I Think :)

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: GA

I tried to post this in an existing thread but the thread was closed. I want to be able to help others. Make no mistake, passing a stopped school bus is bad. But mine was on a four lane highway and I had no idea I wasn't allowed to continue past the bus going in the opposite direction. Now I know and I'll never do it again but I didn't want to pay $300 for the lesson so I took steps to beat it. It's been one year since I received the violation. Here's what I did:

NOTHING :)

Literally do nothing. Do not log into the ticketing company's website to see the violation because that tells them that you know about it. Do not call the phone number on the violation. Again, that tells them that you received the violation. Once you ignore them for awhile, they will try to snail mail the violation to you via certified mail. Do not sign for the letter. Tell the postman that you don't accept it and to return it. In order to prosecute you for something, they have to prove they've notified you of the violation.

Some extra info that makes me believe this is totally gone is that it's been one full year since I received the violation. Also, about 2 months ago, I got pulled over at a red light for looking at my cell phone in the same county and the cop didn't say a word about the school bus violation. And he didn't ticket me for the cell phone either. :)

So, there ya go. I could have just gone on with my life and never reported this but I think the way they extort people is complete bullcrap so I wanted to be able to help others. Hopefully people will pull this post up in google searches for the rest of eternity and I'll save people tens of thousands of dollars.

Have a great day.


Passing a School Bus: How I Beat a School Bus Violation Ticket in Gwinnett County Georgia - I Think :)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire