samedi 22 octobre 2016

Deprivation of Civil Rights: Arrested on a Warrant After a Case Was Dismissed

My question involves civil rights in the State of: NJ

Need to know if I have a case to sue the Orange Municipality and Orange Police Department. A TRO was issued against me in a domestic violence dispute on June 21, 2016. I went to Family court and the TRO was dismissed on July 6, 2016. I received a notice in the mail and went to court on August 23 regarding the municipal charges in the same case. I appeared in court and the judge issued another court date in which it was requested I bring in the paperwork showing dismissal of the TRO.I went back to court with the documents and the pending charges connected to the case were dismissed on September 20th. I appeared in NJ family court once and Orange Municipal court on 2 separate occasions regarding this case. Last night on October 21, 2016 while driving home from Short Hills Mall, I was pulled over and arrested on an arrest warrant which was issued on June 21, 2016 regarding this same case. I was handcuffed driven to the Milburn police department where I was photographed and then transported to Orange Police Department in the back of a police car. I was allowed to make a phone call to my mother whom I told to go get the paperwork showing dismissal and to meet me at the Orange Police Department (OPD). Once I got to the OPD my mother presented the document showing dismissal of the TRO as well as the charges associated from the OMC. The arresting officer called the judge whom dismissed the case and she informed the officer that she was not on duty and to call the judge on duty. That judge informed the officer to process me anyway. I was then processed and fingerprinted and allowed to post bail to be released. I need to know if I have a case here based on these factors. I was arrested photograph and fingerprinted and I did nothing wrong. I was never informed that there was a warrant out for my arrest at any time while going through the court proceedings and then after the charges were dismissed I am arrested and detained for hours and photographed and finger printed when it has been over a month since the case was dismissed. I need to know if I have a lawsuit based on these factors. Thanks


Deprivation of Civil Rights: Arrested on a Warrant After a Case Was Dismissed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire