dimanche 23 octobre 2016

Default Judgments: When a Deafult Judgement is Granted, Who Is/Can Be Considered the "Moving Party"

My question involves court procedures for the state of: NJ

Back in the spring, I sued someone in small claims court. We reached a settlement agreement, but the defendant/debtor never paid.

Last month, I filed a motion for a default judgement, and the judge granted the motion on my day in court (Oct. 14th).

Several days ago, I got a letter from the court, as an official record of the judgement.

At the very bottom, it says:

"It if further ordered that a copy of this Order be served by the moving party upon all other parties, or their attorneys, if any, within 10 days oft the date hereof."

I really not sure what it means by moving party.

But I'm concerned that the moving party is the person who filed the judgement (me), and I have 10 days to give the debtor a copy (especially since it's dated 10/14, and 10 days is tomorrow....but didn't get this letter until 10/20).


Default Judgments: When a Deafult Judgement is Granted, Who Is/Can Be Considered the "Moving Party"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire