lundi 24 octobre 2016

Speeding Tickets: "Speeding 73/45" Ticket on Federal National Park Road in Washington - 36 Cfr 4.21(C)

Today I got the first ticket in my life.

I was driving somewhat fast in the evening on a straight empty road inside a national park (Mt. Rainier).
Turns out there was a ranger's car hiding near the road. I did not drive that fast near that car - I've noticed the car on a left-side parking and slowed down to see the markings on the side of the car. After some time a car got behind me and started driving really close. By that time I was driving much slower. I was anxious as I usually drive the speed limit and it pisses of the following drivers. Nevertheless, after some time they finally turned on their lights and I pulled to the shoulder.

I was issued a federal ticket where "Offence charged" is "36 CFR 4.21(c)" and "Offence description" is "Speeding 73/45". The ticket says that I must pay a $305 fee OR appear in court (no court address or date given).

Questions:

1) Would this go anywhere near my criminal record (if I pay the fee)?
2) Can going to court make things worse than just paying the fee (if I pay the fee)?
3) What's the best way to find an attorney to fight the case (I'm fine with paying the fee, but I do not want this to go on record)? Many attorneys work with some specific courts and I do not have any court listed.


Speeding Tickets: "Speeding 73/45" Ticket on Federal National Park Road in Washington - 36 Cfr 4.21(C)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire