jeudi 27 octobre 2016

Rental Agreements: Signed a Bad Lease

I'm trying really hard to figure out if there's a way to get out of a five-year lease that I signed for a manufactured home that I bought. That's not going very well so far but I'm still working on it. While doing this I looked over some wording in my paperwork and came across something that surprised me. I assumed and thought I remembered that they are following The CPI for rent increases. There is some bold writing that makes me think thats not the case. while still having me trapped in a five-year

The bold writing on my contract

It says my rent increase formula: 100% of any CPI but no less than 6% above the prior rent no more than 10% above the prior rent. That feels like their way of bypassing the CPI since the CPI is only at 2% or 2 and a half at tops over the last five plus years. this is their way of charging me 6 to 10% therefore not following the CPI. At least that's the way I'm reading it


Rental Agreements: Signed a Bad Lease

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire