mardi 25 octobre 2016

Deprivation of Civil Rights: Suing a Special District in Texas

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Texas

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any special requirements that must be fulfilled before you can sue a Special District in Texas. I filed a small claim yesterday in JP court against a community college district for violating Texas Human Resources Code 121.003(d)(2-3). However, it just occurred to me that there may be extra steps such as filing a Notice of Claim before I can fill a suit because a school district is technically a governmental entity. The entity in question is the Austin Community College District.

I filed a complaint against them with the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division regarding this a few weeks ago. If a Notice of Claim is required, would the complaint filed with the DOJ be enough to satisfy this?

Furthermore, violating HRC 121.003 is a misdemeanor offense as defined under 121.004(a). How would I go about having the school charged? Would filing an affidavit of probable cause with the JP court be sufficient for the Judge to issue a summons and initiate a criminal case against the school?


Deprivation of Civil Rights: Suing a Special District in Texas

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire