dimanche 23 octobre 2016

Defenses to Eviction: How to Withold the Rent

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: New Jersey

May i know how to successfully withheld the rent if landlord is not fixing the problem ? I live in a building where the ceiling is not properly insulated and when the kids run above me i cannot sleep or live peacefully. I have complained to my landlord numerous times but he is not willing to do anything about it. I am not in a condition to move out because i have serious medical condition. I have had arguments with tenants living above me numerous times and even called cops on them many times but still my problem is not solved. My landlord has told me verbally many times to move out of building but i cannot because of my medical condition. However i have been paying my rent regularly. I have also offered my landlord to move upstairs and even agreed to pay higher rent but it seems he does not want to give me an apartment that is vacant upstairs. All he wants me to do is to move out of building. The level of noise has increased to an extent that sometimes my heartbeat goes up. I would sincerely appreciate if someone could advice me on how to successfully force landlord to fix this problem ?


Defenses to Eviction: How to Withold the Rent

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire