mercredi 26 octobre 2016

Speeding Tickets: Can You Get a Speeding Ticket Dismissed if the Ticket Doesn't Identify the Statute

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Maine

A couple of months back I got my first speeding ticket. I reside in Massachusetts but I got the ticket in Maine. Upon receiving the ticket I called some traffic lawyers and decided to dispute it as I had nothing to lose. I just got my court date today 4 months after I actually received the ticket. The ticket itself reads as follows, I have also linked a picture below though it may be hard to read: http://ift.tt/2eHOHfj

Violation #1, Alleged 79, Legal 60. Circle One: Radar. Title and Section LEFT BLANK, Amount Due $185.


I am wondering if there is any way I can get dismissed due to the Title and Section being left blank. As I understand (and mind you this is coming from an Engineer who did some research, not a lawyer, obviously), the officer that gave me this failed to provide a statute of which I violated. Would this be grounds for dismissal?

Some other, perhaps not important details. I have a clean driver's record in MA. I had never driven this highway before (95), but I did see that down the road (and I mean less than a mile), the speed limit was posted at 75 mph. I know I had my cruise control set to 75 mph due to a previous speed limit sign I had seen, this must have just been a short stretch of road where it changed to 60. By no means was I passing cars, just cruising to what I perceived to be keeping up with traffic.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this! Let me know if there is anything I can clarify.


Speeding Tickets: Can You Get a Speeding Ticket Dismissed if the Ticket Doesn't Identify the Statute

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire