mercredi 26 octobre 2016

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Forgot to Pay for Soda at Target, Got Stopped/Caught at the Door

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

Today I was at Target and I spaced out and forgot to pay for the two 12-packs of soda at the bottom of my cart. The security person at the front asked me if the cashier scanned the sodas, I said no, turned around, and went back to the register. Security person walked by and watched as I was completing the transaction. When I got to the door again, he asked for my receipt and then took a picture of it. I had paid with a credit card so I assume they can match my face to all my personal info.

I have not shoplifted before, I have no criminal history. I shop at this Target all the time.

My question is, what can I expect to happen next? Are they going to come after me for $10 in merchandise that I eventually paid for? I understand Target is tough on shoplifters, I'm feeling stressed that the next time I go to Target I'm going to be watched. Of course I'll remember to pay for items at the bottom of the cart from now on, so I'm not worried about being detained for shoplifting, but I don't want to be followed around while shopping. Do I need to stay out of this store?


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Forgot to Pay for Soda at Target, Got Stopped/Caught at the Door

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire