jeudi 27 octobre 2016

Retirement Benefits: Being Asked to Pay Back Overpayment

My mother passed away three years ago in Pennsylvania, and I am one of three sons, and was the executor of the estate.

Recently the SS office sent me a letter saying I have to pay back three years worth of overpayments, $8000.

I appealed it.

Just heard back, saying it was denied. They claim I did not meet both criteria. One was being my mother was not at fault. The other being "Paying back would be a hardship". They admitted my mom was not at fault, but feel my income warrants paying them $144 a month for three years. The "adjusted" the amount owed to $5100.

Is this sort of thing worth fighting with a lawyer?


Retirement Benefits: Being Asked to Pay Back Overpayment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire