mercredi 26 octobre 2016

Custody and Visitation Issues: Can I Deny Supervised Visitation if My Ex Has Been Absent for 2 Years

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA

My ex-husband and I split up in December of 2014 because of domestic violence. I did have a restraining order on him but it expired. In our divorce I was granted sole legal/physical custody of our daughter and my ex was ordered to participate in drug/alcohol classes and supervised visitation at a facility in my home town and he is responsible for the expense of the visit. My ex has a long record and has many troubles with drugs and alcohol, always in and out of rehab, very unstable and inconsistent. Over the last 2 years he has not been apart of our daughters life, in fact she doesn't know who he is because we split up right before she was 2 and she is about to turn 4. During this time I have tried to get him to be apart of our daughters life but he can't stay clean. He goes off on these drug binges for months at a time and disappears and gets himself in trouble. Over the last 2 years I have built up and saved voicemail's and many text messages where he will tell me he has been clean for 3 weeks but then 3 months later I will get another text and he is saying he has 30 days clean. I also have numerous text messages from him when he is high and he is saying that he is possessed and he is in a trance and talks about super natural powers etc. I have other texts where he says I'm a great mom and he thanks me for taking good care of our daughter but yet, he has never asked to see her one time. He might say that he misses her or that he wants to be apart of her life someday when she is older but not now because he is not ready to talk to her. I want to be very careful with how I approach this, and I have been very compliant and have never tried to alienate him from her. However, now that she is getting older and she doesn't now who he is, he is recently clean again. I received another text a couple days ago and he is in rehab and 30 days clean, which he told me he can't promise anything on him staying clean clean that he hasn't been able to make it past a total of 90 days clean over the last 2 years. He still has not asked to see our daughter and he has never participated in a supervised visit, so I want to know and make sure that I still have the right to deny him visitation unless it is at the facility for a supervised visit?Do I have the right to tell him that He can see our daughter at a supervised visit after he has 1 year clean? I don't want him to just come in and out of our daughters life and cause hurt to her because he can't stay clean. But I know him well enough to know that hf he can reach the 1 year mark of being clean and actually comes up for a visit that the chances of him actually staying clean and being in her life are a lot better because he will make the effort. I have been the sole provider for our daughter. What can I do?


Custody and Visitation Issues: Can I Deny Supervised Visitation if My Ex Has Been Absent for 2 Years

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire