mardi 31 mai 2016

Traffic Lane Violations: Crossing a Solid White Line

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Texas in Harris County

When merging with traffic to get to a specific highway entrance I crossed a solid white line. There were no signs prohibiting this and no traffic impeded this crossing. 100 feet away were officers pulling folks over. I received a ticket for "crossing a median or esplanade" and "impeding the flow of traffic."

Further down there is a double white line which widens to a 'V' shape. I crossed well before there, so don't think what I did counts as a 'median or esplanade.' Also, the flow of traffic was not impeded as there were 3 possible ways to go at that juncture, which naturally slows traffic as well as the 2 officers 100 feet away pulling cars off the road every 30-60 seconds.

Was my action legal? If so, I'll fight the ticket. If not, I'll pay the ticket fee.

Thanks for your help.


Traffic Lane Violations: Crossing a Solid White Line

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire