lundi 30 mai 2016

Speeding Tickets: Officer Told Me He Clocked My Speed As 83mph but He Wrote 65mph on Citation

Hello all,

On December 27, 2015, I was traveling eastbound on SR-138 around 10:00 a.m., and I was behind a slow moving truck for about 7 miles due to only one lane on each direction, when the first passing lane was available, I passed that slow truck and moved back to the slow lane to let other cars pass, right after I moved to the slow lane, there was a 45 degree angle uphill where you cannot see anything over the other side of that uphill. When I hit the top of the hill and I saw a Ford Explorer police car about 100 to 200 feet ahead parked on the right shoulder with his back window facing me. I immediately applied the brake to reduce the speed. When I passed that police car my speed was below 60 while a few other cars behind me were still passing that slow truck with high speed in the passing lane. About quarter mile later, when the passing lane ended, I saw the police car with lights on and passing about 10 cars approaching behind on the one lane freeway. Shortly thereafter, I was pulled over to the shoulder. When the police officer approached me, he told me that I was doing 83 mph but, he only wrote 69 mph 22349(b) on ticket to help me reduce fine he said.

Here's case record:

03/10/16 Trail by declaration failed with request for traffic school
03/21/16 Officer's of declaration due to the clerk's office
04/08/16 officer's declaration failed
04/08/16 Trail by declaration denied and judge denied traffic school court paper said" Request for traffic school denied because of the high rated speed over the posted speed limit defendant's speed limit was 83+ MPH"
05/12/16 Trail De Novo granted

My court date is 06/15/16, I truly don't believe I was going 83 on 50 mile zone, what should I do at court? The Officer wrote a speed of 69(printed) and hand wrote 83 on top of the ticket, is that something I need to fight for?

Thank you in advance,


Speeding Tickets: Officer Told Me He Clocked My Speed As 83mph but He Wrote 65mph on Citation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire