vendredi 27 mai 2016

Traffic Accidents: I Am Not at Fault. Car Probally Total. What Should I Do

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: CA

Here is the situation. I was in an auto accident. The police who took the report said it is the other person’s fault.
The problem is that I have a 13 year old car with 150,000 miles on it. There is no issues with it but I think the repair bill will exceed the blue book value.
Since the other person is at fault I have the options of filing a claim with the other guys insurance. But my question is if my car is going to be total. Both either insurance company will try to just pay me blue book and take my car (or minus the salvage value of my car). Of course my problem is being stuck with not having a car or a repair car (or I am not made Whole) .

My question is under which insurance (their or mine) would I stand a better chance of being made whole? Or more likely to get the car repair it the repair bill is close to the blue book value. My strong preference is to get the car repair.


Also if I file through my insurance company can they raise my rate.

thanks


Traffic Accidents: I Am Not at Fault. Car Probally Total. What Should I Do

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire