lundi 30 mai 2016

Adoption of Children: Mrs

My question involves adoption law for the State of: Florida.
My husband and I have been married almost 10 years. Before we were married, he was married to his child's birth mother. When my step daughter was 3, her mother had an affair, and left. My husband has had full custody of her. I have been raising her from the time she was almost 5, she is now almost 16. In this time she has never spent the night with her birth mother. Her birth mother moved out of state, and rarely spoke to her, let alone saw her. We received orders to the UK for a 4 year tour, 3 of which we have completed. Her birth mother would only sign the papers if my husband added her on Facebook. My question now is, it has bee at least 4 years since she has seen her birth mother, or had contact with her. My step daughter is asking me to adopt her, but her birth mother will not give up her rights. My step daughter is saying that all she wants for her birthday is for her birth mother to say I can adopt her, and I would love nothing more. Is this considered abandonment in Florida? She used to come up with reasons she couldn't pay her child support, so we took it to the state, she is still behind on support payment. The only contact she has with us is Facebook messaging my husband, usually on his birthday, and possibly a week later for my step daughters. She doesn't call her, we have a magic jack with a local number for her to reach us. She doesn't send cards anymore. She hasn't spoken to my step daughter in years.


Adoption of Children: Mrs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire