mardi 31 mai 2016

Banking: Getting the Money from Old, Undeposited Paychecks

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: California

This applies to a friend dying of cancer. I am his POA. You can read more about his situation here.

He's been at the VA Hospital for the last 10 weeks. During that time, his apartment lease expired and I moved his belongings into storage. I located almost $50K of uncashed paychecks, most dating back to the 2004 to 2006 time period. My friend does have mental illness, and all I can figure is he developed some sort of phobia about going to the bank. Most of the checks are from the same employer, which is now out of business and showing suspended by the Franchise Tax Board. I checked PACER and there is no bankruptcy filing. Nothing has been reported to the state as unclaimed property.

At this point, recovering the cash may be a lost cause, but I feel obligated as his friend/POA to ask what (if any) options remain. I suppose there's always a small chance he is cured, at which point he could use the money.


Banking: Getting the Money from Old, Undeposited Paychecks

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire