dimanche 29 mai 2016

Disabilities and Accommodation: FMLA for Maternity Leave

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of:NC. I work full time with a decent paying job, however, our insurance I signed up for is less than par. Not planning on having a child, I signed up for the free plan that my company pays for. When I found myself pregnant , happy and excited, I made my first prenatal appointment only to realize my deductible is $5,000. I would be paying out of pocket for the entire bill in less than 8 months. The obgyn billing office let me know I would have to pay $500 every office visit. I do not have this kind of extra money. I have a four year old in daycare, a mortgage and yadda yadda, all the bills. I have enough money to go month to month so my oldest canvgo to a good daycare. I called local government offices for assistance to prenatal care but according to them, I make too much money. For these reasons have only had two prenatal care visits.
I am due in three weeks. My work has provided me with fmla paperwork but I am very nervous about getting that approved as I have had no regular doctor. Can the delivering doctor sign these forms? I've read over the physician section to be signed and it asks for things like "when did the condition begin". How would they know other than me telling them? Can I use paperwork from the obgyn office I visited twice, which would include my date of conception?
I'm just so nervous I won't get this approved and won't be able to spend those vital first weeks with my baby. I've already worried myself sick entire pregnancy with no care and now I'm am worrying even more about what will happen after she is born with this paperwork. Please any advice would be great appreciated.


Disabilities and Accommodation: FMLA for Maternity Leave

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire