dimanche 29 mai 2016

Passing a School Bus: Jury Trial for Passing a School Bus

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Georgia

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask to see if anyone has experience going to a jury trial for a traffic violation in general but especially a jury trial for passing a school bus. I am a small business owner and my company truck was photographed passing a school bus. I have three employees and one of the three was driving. Here is the catch, the ticket is charging ME of the crime, threatening to add tickets to MY license if found guilty, and charging ME with the fine. Considering their is virtually no evidence indicating who was driving the vehicle, I am intending on taking this to a jury trial. What do yall think? Before answering please read below. I read through another thread like this and it appears the plenty of people aren't aware of their liberties so I have taken the liberty to address the common objections. SO please don't respond with these.

1. "Its a traffic citation. You won't get a jury trial."....Of course, this is entirely false, I have a constitutional right to a jury trial and their is nothing any court can do to change that. I have to waive my right to a jury and take a plea to not go to a jury trial.

2."If you weren't driving you have to tell them who was or your on the hook for it." This too is false. There is absolutely no law requiring you to testify against anyone else and or "snitch" on anyone and I can't be penalized for not doing so. I know this for a fact. Back in high school, my brother was not the smartest person. He got pulled over by a police officer for speeding. The officer got to the window, my brother went pedal to the medal, ramped the median and got away. Nonetheless the officer had the vehicles tag so of course a few hours later he was at our door step. My mother(vehicle registered in her name) told the officer that my brother had been home and she had no idea who was driving the vehicle. Of course, there was a few days of threats from angry officers and investigators threatening anything they could think of, but my mom stuck to it and said she isn't telling them who was driving. We never heard anything else. So i am well aware, i won't be on the hook just because I won't say who was driving.

3."The car has been charged, not the person.".... Entirely false.


Freedom is so rare in this country anymore even if it were ME i would go to a jury trial while I still have the right to do so...perhaps that little freedom will linger for just a few more years. I am 99% sure if I go to a jury trial that I will be found not guilty or the county will drop the charges entirely before wasting the time and money on jurors for a case that has no evidence. What I am really looking for here is the comments of attorneys and or citizens who have went to jury for traffic citations and how it played out. I am familiar with the courtroom, I know the prosecutor will do everything to scare me into a plea. "If you go to trial and lose this citation can carry a maximum of two years in prison." Things of this nature will come flying out of the prosecutor and judges mouth when I ask for a continuance to obtain an attorney and request a jury trial. But i want to look past the scare tactics and the states objective of generating revenue, and get to the reality of the situation.

All comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.


Passing a School Bus: Jury Trial for Passing a School Bus

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire