lundi 30 mai 2016

Establishing Paternity: Can I File a Petitions to the Court for DNA Testing Myself

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Mississippi. I was incarcerated when my daughter was two months old for simple burglary and DWI 2nd offence. The mother was going though a divorce at the time she gave birth to our daughter. She never put me on the birth certificate and although willing, affidavit confirming paternity was never filed. I am not even sure 100% who's last name she has. After being released she was 3 years old. I have been in touch with the mother and I have been making child support payments cash to her. Mother and child reside in Mississippi and I reside in Louisiana. After begging and pleading with her she refuses to let me see or interact with my daughter in fear it will be too confusing for her. I just want to be the dad my lil girl needs and deserves. I have been on a good path since my release on parole. I have been employed up until a recent injury at work and currently going through a lawsuit for. I thought this week I would be able to see my daughter by making plans with the Grand parents during their time with her. The mother had found out about that and ended that possibility all together. I have tried looking into how I can establish paternity with my daughter so that I may be the father she needs and help support her. I am now a stay at home step dad to my wife's 10 year old daughter. I have heard that the mother has a registered sex offender living with her for the past two years. I looked the guy up and sure enough there he was statutory rape of a 12 year old girl. I fear that the mother is not fit and of sound mind to watch out for the best interest of our child. I want to pursue physical custody and hopefully share legal custody on the grounds that the life I can provide for my daughter is loving and stable home where she will not have to endure or risk being exposed to any sexual abuse or accusations seeing as she lives with a registered sex offender. The mother has four children and ours is the only one that she has physical custody of as she was already deemed an unfit mother. the mother had been hiding my daughter from me. My daughter is calling somebody else daddy and doesn't even know I exist. Other than hiring an attorney I am at a lost of what to do next! I miss my lil girl so much and it hurts me to know the mother is brain washing our daughter into believing this abuser is her father!! How do I go about getting paternity established when I live in Louisiana and they live in Mississippi? I know what city she is living in but I do not have a good address for her to be served at. Please any advice tips or words of encouragement and also your experiences in the court room is greatly appreciated!! Even if I cannot gain full custody I still want to help support our child and be part of her life as her father. I recently stopped paying her support because she led me into believing she would voluntary file an affidavit admitting I am her father. But each time I asked about her having my last name she brushed me off until straight up refusing. My daughter is now 4 years old and still does not have my name and she will not willingly establish that I am her father. And now that I have stopped paying her support she says I will never see my daughter again!! Our daughter deserves to know both of her parents and have a lasting loving relationship with both of us regardless! I am in no way perfect as neither is the mother. But I have turned my life around and long to nourish healthy life development for our child. The mother has a continuous behavior of manipulating everything into what she wants it to be with no regards to what damage she is doing to our daughter as she did with her 3 children before ours who reside full time with their fathers. Again thank you in advance!


Establishing Paternity: Can I File a Petitions to the Court for DNA Testing Myself

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire