dimanche 29 mai 2016

Forgery: Accused of Forgery

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas

I'm being accused of forging the power of attorney I have for my father. My father lived with me for 6 yrs prior to this allegation. Recently he has been exhibiting signs of dementia. My sister removed him from my home and all of a sudden I'm being accused of forgery of the POA and a check for $96.35. When I had the POA done, I took my father to the bank and the bank manager who I knew because I had previously worked there and I also have banked there was working that day and I told him what we needed. He asked my father for his ID and asked him did he understand the document. My father said yes and signed the document and notary journal. I know we are on video but it's been 7 months now and I'm not sure they would still have it. I tried to contact the notary but he won't respond to me. I did not forge the POA. I did sign the check because my father was in the hospital and had previously gave permission for me to for my wedding dress alteration. They had to include the POA because with it I have the right to sign the check.

How can I prove I did not not forge the POA or forge the check intentionally?


Forgery: Accused of Forgery

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire