mardi 31 mai 2016

Impound: Police Impound Retrieval Rates/Towing Costs Were Not Correct

This weekend my vehicle was impounded due to an expired license in the state of California (by the city of Montclair).

In order to retrieve my vehicle I had to pay an administration fee as well as fees from the company that towed the vehicle. This is where my problems begin. According to the city of Montclair's website, the fees for towing a vehicle are far less than what I actually paid to the towing company (see: http://ift.tt/1XdBawq). The towing fee was $337.50, more than double the supposed cost for a vehicle under 14,000. According to the towing company, this is because they towed it to the police station and then to their own yard. On top of this, the daily rate per the police department is $48, the towing company charged $55 (not exactly a lot more, but worth mentioning nonetheless).

I suppose I must be missing something here, but my question is simple: how is it that these fees are allowed to differ so drastically?


Impound: Police Impound Retrieval Rates/Towing Costs Were Not Correct

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire