samedi 28 mai 2016

Failure to Yield: Failure to Yield While Making a Left Turn

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: GA

• The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.
• The 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Edition (gross weight 5,677 lbs.) (edmunds.com)
• Edmunds.com, Inc. is an American online resource for automotive information.
• 2005 Land Rover LR3 (gross weight 7,121 lbs.) (edmunds.com)
• The Odyssey that hit my LR3 was speeding enough to push my vehicle weighing 1,444 lbs. heavier almost 180 degrees from the left lane/median going Northbound to the middle of the right lane going Southbound.
• no skid marks showing she stepped on the brakes
o this implies failure to maintain lane as well?
• I looked to the left and saw no oncoming vehicles. I look to my right and this gentleman was giving me a gap to get inside the median. As I was accelerating to try and reach the median I glace to the left and see her flying towards me and I stepped on the accelerator but it was not enough to evade the collision.
• The road before the intersection of where she was coming from is an incline. Where I came out of going towards the median is also an incline. The distance of the median were I was pulling into going southbound on this road to the light at the intersection there is a distance of 243 ft. where there is clear view of the road ahead. She was going over the 40 mph speed limit by the fact that she slammed my vehicle into the right lane on the opposite side of the median and she was also not paying attention to the road because there were no signs of skid marks implying she tried to step on the brakes and prevent the accident. The point of impact on her vehicle is also on the front left of the vehicle showing that she also did not turn the steering wheel to prevent the accident from occurring. The vehicle I was driving was also white so it was highly visible even as she was transitioning from an upwards incline to a horizontal plane.
• She also told the police officer that investigated the incident that she thought she was going to receive the ticket. This implies that she believed she was also at fault.

i received the ticket of failure to yield - left turn


Failure to Yield: Failure to Yield While Making a Left Turn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire