dimanche 29 mai 2016

Defamation: Can You Sue a Former Employer for an Anonymous Bad Reference

My question involves defamation in the state of: Indiana

We are waiting right now as the EEOC is investigating employment discrimination against previous employer A) for alcohol abuse under the ADA, and the same against hiring company B) for the same. (in addition to other charges being against company A)*

Company A sent an anonymous email to company B, stating drinking & driving in work van (false), caught drinking on job (false), caught leaving mutiple liquor stores (false). Company B wanted to have me explain the anonymous email (as I was scheduled to start with company B in 4 days). Company wont hire me til I have a letter stating cause of termination. Even though I had passed all drug screens, physicals, background check, etc and was supposed to start work in 4 days. I said I resigned in the inverview, and future employer was ready to hire me, (and not question me about any of my past or want to bypass me in employment) until she received this email.

Do I only have a tort/tortious interference case, or do I ALSO have slander and libel as well (from the lies, possible black listing, and professional demeanor)?

Thank you
John


Defamation: Can You Sue a Former Employer for an Anonymous Bad Reference

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire