mardi 31 mai 2016

Other Violations: Wrong Information on Ticket

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Virginia

I recently moved to WV and have been commuting back and forth since November.

About a month ago i was going to be late for work and was stuck in traffic. i was about a 1/4 mile away from my exit. the driver in front of me hit the shoulder and i preceded to follow. A VA state trooper pulled us both to the side.

I gave the police officer my WV drivers licence. (the only licence i have a physical copy of, my Virginia licence was taken by the WV DMV as i changed my licence to WV within 30 days of my address Change.)

The officer came back to my window asking me why I didn't give him my "Virginia" drivers licence. i proceeded to tell him "I do not have one i turned it in." The officer told me that i have a valid Virginia drivers licence and that he would "use that on the ticket to prevent out of state fees." I said okay and went on my way thinking nothing of it.

Now onto the Ticket, the information on the ticket is wrong!

It has my current WV address (the Address on my current licence), with what i assume is my Virginia drivers license number and the state as VA.

My "valid Virginia licence" (my old licence) had a Virginia address on it, if it did come up in his computer.

The information on the Ticket is incorrect for both my current WV licence or my previously owned VA licence. Would this get thrown out in court due to incorrect information on the ticket?

Thanks,
Fumble


Other Violations: Wrong Information on Ticket

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire