samedi 28 mai 2016

Probation and Parole: Kansas Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Kansas

Does anyone have experience with Kansas probation laws? I have searched and found a few things. My ex is on probation in Kansas but on interstate compact in Nebraska. He is on probation for assault against me (I know stupid to stay with him after that). We tried to work things out a few months after the divorce but he just relapsed again and was up to his shenanigans so gone again. They have transferred his case within Nebraska three times from my county to where his parents live back here and back up there (surprisingly). He did plead guilty to a lesser sentence to some recent charges and I assumed he would get his probation revoked on just that. (He is pending a trial too). His mom said his PO told him that as long as he goes back to the halfway house he was in and finishes they will not revoke his probation in Kansas.

I emailed to the victim witness from Kansas when they sent me his sentencing info. He has a 23 month underlying sentence there. I would have thought just getting arrested and pleading guilty while on probation the judge would revoke it. He has had quite a lot of chances on probation at least three minor violations before these charges. Too many chances from me.

I would love to see him get sober, act like an adult, pay for his bills and take care of all his kids but he has been an addict since 15 and mentally seem to act like a teenager still. I cannot deal with that aspect of it but it just seems odd how they keep bouncing him back and forth in Nebraska when they do not even have to let him be here and with all these arrests in the last couple months (well two). He of course did the usual "I love you and miss you and I'm sorry" spiel but when I made him give me his phone back and told him he cannot live with me his tune has changed. His mother has taken him again oddly and says "oh he is doing so well" in just a week. That can be her problem again - he is her kid not mine. I have our kid to worry about.

I just find it odd they would not revoke it and did not know if anyone had experience in Kansas with their probation system while I wait on an answer from there or find out something more. I know they have this "quick dip" law if you have a violation but if you get arrested or abscond the judge can immediately revoke it.


Probation and Parole: Kansas Probation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire