dimanche 29 mai 2016

Auto Insurance: Is the Car Dealership Negligent

My question involves insurance law for the state of: New Jersey

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: New Jersey

I went to a car dealership yesterday looking to test drive and buy a new car and since the salesperson was busy with another customer, he gave me a set of keys to a parked car in the lot. I sat in the vehicle and proceeded to test some of the controls in the car and accidentally turn the engine on a hybrid car and the car rolled to the car that was parked perpendicular to the car in front causing the other car to have some damages (dent) to the passenger side.

I'm wondering if the dealership is at partial fault for letting me have the keys to the car while he's not with me. Furthermore, the car is a hybrid with a start stop knob unlike any cars I've driven before. Most car dealerships have you wait and then he will take you to the car and do a test drive. Are there car dealership policies surrounding this?

Appreciate if anyone has any thoughts.

-carbuyerguy


Auto Insurance: Is the Car Dealership Negligent

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire