vendredi 27 mai 2016

Establishing an Order: International Custody of Toddlers: How Does This Work

My Ex (never married) is moving from Pennsylvania back to his country of origin: Ecuador. He is asking for 3 months of the year. I don't want to keep them from him- he is a good father. But I also don't want to be without my babies (1 & 2 years old) for so long.
He has promised to leave me the house and car (both are in his name), as well as pay the mortgage until 3 months after I graduate (for 19 months)... So long as I let him have them 3 months out of the year.
I would rather that he visits any time he wants, and even fly them out for a few weeks for Christmas. And as soon as they are old enough to travel (10 and 11 years old), he can take them for summer breaks and some holidays, too, if he wants.
He says if I take him to court he will fight for full custody. He thinks his work history is better than mine and on paper he is the better provider. It's his 40K job of 5 years vs my part time waitressing at 2 locations in the last 4 years- but I'm going to be an LPN in 14 months.
Can he do this? Will I be forced to send my toddlers out of the country for 3 months? I am NOT afraid of kidnapping,. I just cannot imagine living without them as babies for so long- and them without their mother.


Establishing an Order: International Custody of Toddlers: How Does This Work

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire