mardi 31 mai 2016

Enforcing Custody Orders: Medical Decision Making in Joint Legal Custody

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Pennsylvania

I recently asked my ex for a copy of my daughter's insurance card. The custody papers state that I am supposed to be provided a copy. I'm attaching a portion of the email she sent in reply. As I read the response I believe that she's attempting to block me from being a part of medical decisions (we have joint legal custody). I'm trying my best to co-parent with her and I want what's best for our daughter...she's making this difficult. I'm preparing to seek out an attorney again. There are many places that I don't feel she's putting our daughter first in decision making. I'm trying to figure out what if anything I should do here. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm starting here because my budget is limited. Thanks...here's the email segment

You would have had a copy of the insurance cards from last year.
Because you didn't respond to a letter in May last year, she didn't
have insurance from June until October when I discovered the
situation. I took care of that. Quickly.

****** has been approved for CHIP and the first payment is in the mail
to them. When they receive it, they will contact me with further
information. I not only addressed the issue, I resolved the issue.
CHIP did not lose any documents I sent them. I did not have to
re-send them. The process did not take months.

The new cards have not arrived yet. But when they do, I will make sure
the doctor, clinic and pharmacist have them. And you, though you won't
need it. I take ****** to the doctor. And if ****** has an emergency,
you will call me.

2 additional notes:

1. The reference she makes at the beginning is a letter that I supposedly didn't respond to that caused a lapse in coverage. I cannot verify whether or not this even happened. I never saw the letter and in May of last year she was still living in the same house as me and had equal access to the mailbox.

2. The asterixis are in the places where me daughter's name was. Our custody agreement states that neither of us can "use or name or reference her name on social media." Although I know when she inserted that clause she was talking about Facebook I'm being cautious and making sure I don't use on the internet at all. I don't want to open the door for the potential for her to say I broke the agreement.

Thank you for your assistance


Enforcing Custody Orders: Medical Decision Making in Joint Legal Custody

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire