lundi 30 mai 2016

Theft and Larceny: Petty Theft Questions

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Wisconsin, USA

Age: 19

Last year in September, I was caught stealing cash from a roommate. The total amount was $67. I was given a citation for petty theft and appeared in the courthouse to give my plea on the printed date on the citation paper. I pled Not Guilty and tried to explain my situation, but I received a sentence of pleading No Contest and was found Guilty. I was charged a fine of $250 which I paid in full by the deadline.

1. Would this be considered a crime, misdemeanor, or something else?
2. If asked on job applications if I've ever been convicted of a crime, would I say yes or no?
3. Would this appear on background checks?
4. Is there a way I can have this expunged/sealed/dismissed? What are the rules for having this done?

Please help me; I'm scared.
Thank you all.

-anonymously yours


Theft and Larceny: Petty Theft Questions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire