dimanche 29 mai 2016

Home Insurance: Insurance Company Suspects Fraud After Major Hailstorm. What Are My Options

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Texas

We recently went through 2 major hailstorms within a month. First claim adjuster came by did his findings and I got my check no problem. The 2nd storm was much worse. Much more damage as baseball size hail broke windows.our area was considered a catasphrphe area. That adjuster for 2nd storm suspects fraud on gutters(holes), garage doors, windows. They sent an engineer and his results say the garage door and windows were hail related but gutters were mechanically made?

So they had an investigator call me asking me irrelevant questions like income and credit history etc. now they are waiting on my proof of loss form. At this point what would be the best route out of this? I've never been suspected of fraud. I have a clean history and always paid my bills.

When speaking to the Siu and adjuster I mentioned to them if gutters were an issue just not pay for it. But adjuster insists on completing the investigation then will make a decision on my claim. Do I get a lawyer asap or wait on there decision? Will adjuster call me to discuss before accepting or denying claim? If fraud is accurate, im suspecting 1 of the possiblle 8 roofers could of done something?

Also When adjuster came I handed him a list of damaged items and he took pics of all items. But when this went into investigation it caught me off guard and I told insurance company I can leave some items out that I didn't care about but asked they pay for things that I'm going to need to replace to settle this so I can get check and start rebuilding my home. Didn't get much of a response. When speaking to my agent he told me that a small $$ amount showed on 2nd claim but they never sent me any checks as of yet for that 2nd claim.

At this point what would be my best option. Do I hire an attorney on contingent fee right away before sending proof of loss? Or Do I send proof of loss and wait on a decision? Or do I send in proof and warn them by calling the Texas depart of insurance?

This has been really frustrating. We have no carpet at home as surf pro removed it, windows are still boarded up, roof still has holes(patched ), my 8yr old is paranoid every time a storm passes by, and my 4year old has poked his feet from carpet nails left behind at least 3 different occasions.

Your advice on this would be very helpful and appreciated.


Home Insurance: Insurance Company Suspects Fraud After Major Hailstorm. What Are My Options

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire