mardi 31 mai 2016

Online Services: Refund After Canceling Auto-Renewal of Membership

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Indiana

Last year in Apr 2015 I purchased an airline program membership for 1 year for $50. The last time I used the "benefits" of this membership was in May 2015 and never after that.
BUT in Apr 2016 (1 year later) this airline charged my credit card $60 for auto-renewal of the above membership. I canceled the membership as soon as I saw the charge on my card, but the airline refused to give me any refund because I canceled 1 day after the auto-renewal date.

So my questions are:
1) Since I did not use any "benefits" of the membership after it was auto-renewed, doesn't that entitle me to a full refund?
2) Can this airline actually charge me $10 more ($60 instead of $50 last year), WITHOUT any action on my part? (like permission that requires me to go and click some checkbox somewhere on their site).
3) Of course, they can write anything in the fine print, but would it be considered "reasonable" for them to not give a refund even though the membership lasted 1 day and benefits were never used?


Online Services: Refund After Canceling Auto-Renewal of Membership

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire