samedi 27 août 2016

Adoption of Children: Terminate Fathers Rights and Adoption

My question involves adoption law for the State of: Oklahoma
My son is 11 years old and his father has been in and out of prison, in more than out, for the last 10 years. My son has not seen him since he was a baby and has only talked to him on the phone a handful of times. He has never sent any money or child support in any way. I have never gone to court and he has never been ordered to pay. Basically, I am wondering if I can have his rights terminated involuntarily. Although I think if it came down to it her would do it voluntarily to avoid having to pay child support. I remarried in 2009 and my husband has been raising my son as his own since. We also have an 18 month old daughter together. My husband would like to adopt my son. My sons biological dad would not agree to it however. Main problem I could foresee is that my husband has a prior felony from 2006, before me, of domestic violence. Obviously I need to consult a lawyer, but any advice I can get would be appreciated!! Thanks


Adoption of Children: Terminate Fathers Rights and Adoption

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire