mardi 30 août 2016

Disputing Debts: Billed by a Medical Lab After Paying a Doctor's Bill

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Georgia

I recently went to the doctor to have a discolored spot on my neck examined. The results came back as a type of skin cancer. I was referred to a surgeon to have it removed. I made the appointment with the surgeon. When I arrived at the doctors office for the surgery I informed them that I did not have insurance and will be paying in cash. I was giving the option of paying in payments but I told the receptionist that will pay the bill in full. I go in to the surgery room and the entire procedure takes about 30 min. The doctor numbed the spot, cut it out, and stitched me up. He said he felt a 100% that he got it all but he would have to send it to his lab to be sure. I then proceeded to check out and pay my bill. I was told I would need to come back in a few weeks to have the stitches removed and get the lab results. "OK no problem". "How much is my bill". I pay the bill in full and hope for the best. I go back in a few weeks and have the stitches removed and what do you no 100% of the cancer was removed. Yee Haw!!!! The DR. Says " Every thing is fine , have a nice day". 2 months later I start receiving bills from the labs that the doctor sent the tissue sample to and on top of that he sends me a bill for removing the stitches.
This doctor explained to me at the beginning of this hole process of what they were going to do and I paid for it in full before I left his office. If the doctor sent the tissue sample to the lab why are they billing me for it. I have asked the billing company that is sending me the bill if there are any legal documents that I have signed that says they have the right to bill me. All they can say is you have to take that up with the doctor. I was never giving an itemized bill nor did I sign any document stating what I would and would not be charged for. At the top of the information form I filled out in the surgeons office reads" I understand that it is my responsibility to understand my benefits and to verify that the physician is in network with my plan. I also understand that insurance claims are filed as a courtesy and any uncovered balance will be my responsibility". Well I don't have insurance and I paid the surgeons office before I left.


Disputing Debts: Billed by a Medical Lab After Paying a Doctor's Bill

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire