mardi 30 août 2016

Fraud: Return Fraud/ Switch Fraud at Walmart

My question involves criminal law for the state of: South Carolina, and Massachusetts

Hello everyone thanks for the responses in advance,

Recently my iPad died on me, instead of fixing or purchasing another I decided to purchase a new one from walmart and switch it out and return.

I understand that this is considered fraud and am willing to accept the consequences should I be caught.

Regardless, I didn't put my own personal iPad in the box. Rather I placed one that was broken which I purchased from craigslist. I purchased the brand new ipad from a walmart branch in South Carolina, and returned it near my hometown in Massachusetts. The broken craigslist iPad was purchased in South Carolina. I purchased an ipad from craigslist because I knew the serial number could not be tracked back to me.

I used cash, can the Walmart branch track me in any capacity? I also was sure to park far away from the walmart in adjacent parking lots (to avoid surveillance tracking of my plates) for both visits to the walmarts in the two different states.

If caught which state would I be prosecuted in, South Carolina or Massachusetts? Also how are the laws different in regard to theft? The ipad's total price was $600.

Would loss prevention, at walmart, in Massachusetts communicate with loss prevention in South Carolina? The only footprint I willingly left was the surveillance video of myself purchasing the ipad (in South Carolina) and returning it (Massachusetts). I do not intend to return to either walmart branches for over the next 1 year at the very least. Especially the one in Massachusetts.

The statute of limitations for this is the same in both states correct (1 year)?

Thank you in advance again for reading this huge story,

Once again I appreciate all the help in regard to legal consequences, any comments saying i'm a thief or scum will do little to me.

Cheers!


Fraud: Return Fraud/ Switch Fraud at Walmart

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire