mardi 30 août 2016

Speeding Tickets: First Time Speeding Ticket Received by a Teenager

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of North Carolina.

I'm 16 years old, and was pulled over for the first time today doing 70 in a 55. I was keeping with the flow of traffic, but understand that is no defense, nor am I seeking to contest the ticket, as I know I was speeding. However; the officer said that, given it was a first time offense, it is quite possible that the DA would simply throw it out in court, but that, if I didn't want to bother, I could pay the fee.

I have several questions: #1, would it be worth my time to attend court to have the fee waived or lowered?

#2 Would attending a 4 hour defensive driving course prevent my rates (with USAA) from raising due to the ticket?

#3 Even if I take the class and my rates are not raised, would it show on my insurance that I received the ticket (I know it's terrible, but I'm paying for everything myself so if I don't attend court, I would like to avoid having my parents find out).

#4 I was supposed to receive my full ("after nine's") license next month; if the violation were dropped in court (unlikely I know, but hypothetically) would I still be able to do so, or would it reset my six months?

Thank you all!


Speeding Tickets: First Time Speeding Ticket Received by a Teenager

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire