dimanche 28 août 2016

Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Financial Hardship for Fine Reduction

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California V22101(d), V5201.1(c)

V22101(d): When official traffic control devices are placed as required in subdivisions (b) or (c), it shall be unlawful for any driver of a vehicle to disobey the directions of such official traffic control devices.

http://ift.tt/2c0rMYM

V5201.1(c): (c) A person shall not erase the reflective coating of, paint over the reflective coating of, or alter a license plate to avoid visual or electronic capture of the license plate or its characters by state or local law enforcement.

My car was made in 1993 with original plates and has worn down through the years. I am getting replacement plates and don't have a problem with this fix it ticket.

V22101.1(d) According to the uniform bail and penalty schedule for 2016 in my county, the total amount for this fine is $238

This is my first point i will be receiving on my license for going straight on a right turn only lane. I will not try to waste time in court and plead not guilty in hopes of the officer would not show up. I am at fault and will take responsibility for breaking the law.

This will be my first time going to traffic court so i am not familiar with the process. I am a college student from a in income family in his early 20s working a part-time job to help pay for classes. The total fine amount received for these two violations cost $1,334, I will have to try to get a refund on classes and work full time this semester to pay for this ticket.

Can i ask for a reduced fine and traffic school due to financial hardship? How and when would i ask for this in court, if possible? Why is this ticket so much? Should i bring a copy of the uniform bail and penalty schedule as a reference into court and ask why it cost that much?


Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Financial Hardship for Fine Reduction

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire