mardi 30 août 2016

Collection and Enforcement: How to Respond to Opposition to a Claim of Exemption

My question involves court procedures for the state of: CA

I have a credit card judgment against me. It was not a default judgment.

The lawyers were opposing my claim of exemption on two issues. 1) I had not proven the levied funds were Social Security. 2) I had not provided them with the names of the companies I did mystery shopping for. I'm an Independent Contractor.

1) The levy came back empty. I had no open accounts at the credit union. I have a letter from the credit union stating my accounts were closed in 2014. That should take care of their first claim. My Social Security is a direct deposit, no other funds in the account, at another bank. They did not levy that account. I sent the lawyers 3 months of bank statements. They attempted to levy a closed account at a credit union.

2) I talked to the lawyers office last week and offered them the names of the companies I do mystery shopping for. They said that wouldn't be necessary. Will that answer the second claim opposing my exemptions? If I offer the court the name of the companies, will that end it?
I don't care if they have the names of the companies.

The law office also said there would be no more levies in the future.


Collection and Enforcement: How to Respond to Opposition to a Claim of Exemption

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire