mardi 30 août 2016

Sex Offenses: Does This Constitute a Sex Crime

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Wisconsin

I met a girl on Plenty of Fish whose profile said she was 18. We talked on there I asked if she liked white guys, she said yea then she gave me her number. I asked her for a picture (no menton of nude or sexy type photos was said" The entire transcript of the phone conversation is follows.

"Hi this is kayla" her
"are you free this week to hang out" her
"I asked her why you have a 843 number (local area code is 262 or 414) me
"I originally moved from south carolina to milwaukee 2 years ago and i had this number for a while my parents have my contract" her
"Oooo nice how do you like milwaukee and I can hang tomorrow" me
"its alright so far no problems" her
"Soo would you mind sending a picture or two?" me
She sends one and she is all in clothes so there is no nude photos or explicit content
She asks for me to send her one
I send a photo of a gym selfie in front of my bathroom mirror in boxers that is also on my instagram. I figured since its on my instagram it isnt flagged as inappropriate because it is a public photo at this point.

I then ask her why her photo has a timestamp on the bottom because i figured maybe she is a spambot

I then ask if she is 18 or older because I was going to ask her to go to the bar with me for a drink.
She said "to be honest I'm 16 I hope you are okay with that.

I said "Not at all sorry. Not cool, good bye."
Her- "So you want me to leave you alone?"

Me "Yes please, I dont mess around with minors. Not cool with that. Sorry hope you can understand. I should have asked you how old you were to begin with. Your Plenty of Fish profile said 18 and I didn't think anyone would lie about their age, so have a good night.

Her "i am okay with that i totally understand."
Me "have a good night and sorry but 16 is just too young. Don't want to end up a sex offender, Hope you can understand.
Me "I already feel like i shouldn't have even sent that gym selfie photo, even though there is no nudity it doesnt make me feel comfortable".

So did i do the right thing and shut the conversation down when i did?


Sex Offenses: Does This Constitute a Sex Crime

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire