mardi 30 août 2016

Adoption of Children: Nephew

My question involves adoption law for the State of: Nevada

My nephew is about 15 months old and has been in foster care for almost a year now. My husband and I were living out of state at the time, but just returned to Las Vegas. We were never contacted by family services about him, though we have recently found out we could have had him placed with us even then. We found out about two weeks ago that my brother and his girlfriend have a court date were their rights will probably be terminated.

We have been trying to get ahold of the case worker to find out what we need to do to get him placed with us. She is really hard to get ahold of. Have left numerous emails and phone messages. Have spoken to her once and gotten one email. She was supposed to come out to do a home visit, but canceled due to an emergency. Haven't heard from her to reschedule. I did talk to her supervisor today, and she didn't give me a lot of hope. Something along the lines of the baby has been in the same foster home for a year, and is stable.

We went to the foster care information meeting, only to be told it was the wrong one since we need to do the kinship fostering.

We really want my nephew. We are unable to have children of our own and we're already talking about the foster to adopt program, never imagining that my brothers rights would be terminated. My husband and I are both teachers and can love and support him so much.

Should we get a lawyer to help? Seems like we keep hitting our heads on a brick wall with waiting to hear from the case worker. I also do not know if the foster family wants to try to adopt him. I do know they did just adopt another of their foster kids, and have a couple other children in the home.


Adoption of Children: Nephew

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire