mardi 30 août 2016

Age of Majority: Dating a Minor Without Parents Knowing Illegal

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: FLORIDA

I have a question I can't seem to find a solid legal answer to.

GIVEN: the defendant is over 18 and under 24 in FL

1) Is it legal to date minors aged 16-17?
2) what are the possible legal repercussions of having sex with a minor aged 16-17 WTHOUT parental consent?

1) I understand the age of consent laws in FL, but I wonder can someone be prosecuted for simply dating a minor, seeing that no other laws pertaining to minors is in question?

2) My understanding of the age of consent law in FL is that persons under 18 over 16 may consent to sex with anyone under 24. But what if the parents do not know or do not allow the minor to have sex? So what are the laws? Can you be charged with a sex offense for having sex with a minor given the scenario of the parents do not know OR do not approve of the minor having sex?

Thank you I hope to find a sourced answer for my burning question.


Age of Majority: Dating a Minor Without Parents Knowing Illegal

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire