mercredi 31 août 2016

Theft and Larceny: Motorcycle Was Stolen, Need to Know Rights

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Washington

My motorcycle was stolen from my house. I reported it stolen. 2 days later it was recovered. Police tried to contact me but I did not receive the message. It has been 2 weeks now and I just found out all this information by a letter that came in the mail. The letter stated the when and where of the recovery but was not a bill. I called the towing company listed on this letter and they say the bike is pretty unrecognizable but I need to pick it up and pay $1000 to get it out. I dont have that kind of money and told them that and asked if they could work with me on this. They said no. At this point I have no choice but to let the bike stay there and not pay the bill. But the tow company is saying they will send me to collections and i could possibly be charged with a traffic infraction. If fees are not paid I could possibly lose my license. Im trying to figure out if 1. Is losing my license for stolen property true? 2. If i reported it stolen prior to it being towed why did it not go to police impound vs. this random tow company? 3. Is this something I can dispute ?

Do I have any options or rights when I am the victim?


Theft and Larceny: Motorcycle Was Stolen, Need to Know Rights

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire