lundi 29 août 2016

Slander: University Reneged on My Scholarship; Also Slandered Me to Another Student. :(

My question involves defamation in the state of: Pennsylvania

Hi,

I am seeking assistance with a legal issue I am having with my university. When I matriculated a few years ago, I was awarded an endowed scholarship. Two main points of this scholarship were that (1) work-study funds would be reduced dollar-for-dollar by external scholarships before external scholarships would be used to reduce school grants, and 2) students that were need-eligible would have this same scholarship for 8 semesters of attendance.

Up until Spring 2016, my college has always reduced my work-study contribution dollar-for-dollar by my external scholarship I receive – but now, for no explicable reason, they refuse to do so, and expect me to complete work-study and that my external scholarship will be used to reduce my college grant dollar-for-dollar. This goes against what the scholarship promised me upon matriculation.

I've reached out to the University literally dozens of times over the past eight months, but the University will not correct this. Also, since they no longer offer the Endowed Scholarship, they've decided that I am no longer eligible for it (even though it was guaranteed to me for eight semesters of enrollment – meaning, eight completed semesters), and no longer keep the promises they made by offering it to me when I enrolled. This scholarship was the main reason I chose to matriculate into this particular university, because it was a much better offer than I had received from any other peer institution. Because of this (and other issues with this college that I had which I'm dealing with through another case, most likely), I had to drop out last semester. I want to pursue legal action against the University because they've essentially reneged on the scholarship they agreed to give me upon matriculation.

I've had other issues with the financial aid office in the past – they've slandered me to another student; shared private information about my financial aid status with other students; and the director ignored my requests for assistance for literally 10+ months (I have proof of all of this). These are just some of the issues I've had to deal with regarding the financial aid office since I've enrolled. All of the issues I've had have caused me considerable stress and frustration and I've had to see a psychologist because of this. I feel as if they've been wholly negligent with their job duties, and their negligence has caused me serious problems, financially, emotionally, and mentally. My psychiatrist and psychologist will support the fact that I've suffered much distress due to the various improper actions of certain financial aid staff members.

I need to find a lawyer that is experienced in negligence torts / emotional distress lawsuits. I know my case is actionable, and I have all the evidence I need to prove that many staff members were negligent in their duties (and some actions, like sharing my personal financial information and slandering me to my subletter, caused intentional harm where I did suffer financially; also, sharing my personal information to other students also caused me harm). I really need to find an attorney that can help me pursue a case against the school for these issues. Does anyone have any opinions on how I should proceed? (Please be nice and don't troll me... I've got too many issues going on as it is.) :( :grumpy:


Slander: University Reneged on My Scholarship; Also Slandered Me to Another Student. :(

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire