dimanche 28 août 2016

Relocation: How Am I As the Custodial Parent Affected by the Ncp Moving Out of State

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: CA


Hello,

I am the custodial parent and have sole legal and physical custody of my two daughters, ages 5 & 11.

My ex husband has just informed me that he will be moving from CA to Montana. His current visitation schedule is every Tuesday from 5:30PM - 7:30PM, and every other weekend, Friday at 6pm to Saturday at 6PM. He usually has an excuse as to why he can't see the girls on Tuesdays, and has pretty much flaked on every overnight stay he's had. (Which is fine with me and the girls, as they become very sad and act out leading up to his overnight weekends) The girls are terrified of staying over at his new wife's house and cry all night long until eventually he brings them home. He has not tried to mend their relationship and has basically given up on trying to fix things with my oldest daughter.

My 11 year old wants nothing to do with him, and my 5 year old doesn't quite understand the situation, but is scared to be without me for more than a few hours at a time.

So now that he is moving, what do I need to worry about? He recently took me to court to get the papers modified. He ended up giving up one of his days of visitation (Thursday from 5:30PM to 7:30PM) and also gave up custody completely. He only wanted visitation with the girls so he didn't have to pay as much and unfortunately this divorce has become all about him paying less child support than actually caring about the kids. I am now 20-30k in debt because of him taking this back to court

I assume he will want to get a long distance visitation right, but I do not want the girls going out of state to go see him. It's his choice to move and leave the girls, can I require his visitation to be in the area we live in only and not out of state?

I'm sure there are more things to think about I am just so sad and worried about possibly having to go back to court that I can't think straight. Any insight is greatly appreciated.


Relocation: How Am I As the Custodial Parent Affected by the Ncp Moving Out of State

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire